Friday, September 5, 2008

Public Service Announcement

Okay...2 really. The first is for anyone who thinks they need website hosting. I had BIG problems with my previous hosting company. Whatever you do DO NOT use dot5hosting! They made everything a hassle and I sat on the phone for over an hour at a time (I think I left my phone on one time for an hour and a half!) just to speak to someone completely incompetent! Anyway, so I made the switch in June to this new hosting company (by the way, did I mention that the old hosting company LOST all my databases?, which is all of you had to create new logins at the store?). Thenew hosting company's name is bluehost.com and I am doing another website (You guys will see it's launch October 1st!) and the entire process to get the domain name, upload my shopping cart system, and do a redirect took 10 MINUTES! It rocked!!!!!! Thanks bluehost!!!!

Okay, the second service announcement is a bit personal, but I would feel like an absolute idiot to keep this information to myself. This is for all the mom's out there! I first heard of the BioFit bra from my sister-in-law's friend Lacy a couple of weeks ago. As it happens, I was looking for a bra and went to Victoria Secrets to find one. I just happened to try this one on.....OM Gosh!!!! It is heaven!!!!!!! I am telling you, if you have suffered what many of us breastfeeding moms have suffered, this bra is for you! It's a bit expensive, but COMPLETELY worth it! Okay, done with all the talk that may make my husband blush when he reads this.

In other news, my daugher Siri has 4 new invisible friends....do any of you have kids with invisible friends? We've never experienced it before, but for the most part, it is hilarious! Two of the friends are brother and sister (Jack and Chelsea). They live in Minnesota and their mom drops them between Utah and MInnesota (we moved from Minnesota to Utah 3 months ago). She also has a BABY invisible friend named Caroline (same as her cousin Caroline who happens to be older than her). I think she likes invisible baby Caroline because she can tell her what to do (something that isn't always the case with real life older cousin Caroline). Oh, and the last invisible friend is Sierre. Aparently invisible Caorline and Sierre are cousins. I didn't think there was anything to analyze there, but now I'm looking at this and thinking is Sierre Siri's alter ego?

If any of you have kids with invisible friends, I'd like to hear about it...I'm wondering how long this will last. I don't think it's a big deal (it's actually pretty funny), but I'd just interested! Happy Friday everyone!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

None of my kids have really had an imaginary friend yet. I think Kevin may have had one very briefly (a few days or so), but I had an imaginary friend when I was little. My imaginary friend was named Kinko (he "existed" long before the store). He stuck around for a long time. Eventually though, I grew up and grew out of that phase. I think I turned out pretty normal (that may be a stretch, but any weirdness is likely not from an imaginary friend :) ). I'm guessing my parents had a few good laughs at my expense. Like you said, I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Stephers said...

We use bluehost too, and they have been great. Good move! And your kids are cute!

ebudd said...

That's actually pretty cute. Charlie's imaginary friend was not as cute. He had this imaginary "friend spider" that was always getting hurt. Every night before he went to bed, Charlie would tell me that his friend spider had died and how it had happened. I have no idea. That lasted for a good 8 months, though.

The Pick's Patch said...

Oh yes! Andrew has his friend, John Gordon...have no idea where he came up with the name (although Robert says there's a John Gordon that is very similar to Andrew's)...b/c Andrew's John Gordon dies and then comes back...I should probably look into it....my mom had an imaginary friend too...and she said she died when she was a/b 10 yrs old....hmmmm...maybe I should see a/b having an imaginary friend....couldn't hurt, might help?!

Have fun on your trip!