Saturday, September 6, 2008

What would you put in a Night time or Morning Video for your kids?

So when I'm not working on Digi Nirvana (and a new website coming soon:)), I have this thing called a day job, lol. I'm a Communications and Event Director for an association. So this coming week, my first big convention that I have been planning is in Los Cabos, Mexico (yes, a tough life, I know). Anyway, it's the first real time that we have been away from both of the girls. And it's not just some mini-trip. It's a WHOLE WEEK! I'm a tiny bit freaked out and every time I think of it, I think of something new that needs to be taken care of before we leave. Wait, it just happened again...I had to stop writing this post and make another note in my planner! So I have been procrastinating writing up the itinerary for the girls (need for such a thing because of preschool, relative switching, etc). Plus, my sister will be watching them for part of the time (SuiKim) and she's never watched them before (you'll be great, hon! I'm just a nervous wreck!) And of course, YOU know all your kids routines, but other people don't so it is all very crazy! 

So headsup, not much blogging that week, but I will FOR sure get some pics and info up when I get back! 

One thing that we are doing, which I'm really excited about (and makes me less nervous) is creating video footage for each night and morning for the kids...fixing it up in iMovie and making a DVD for the girls. That way they get a book read each night from us and "I love you's" in the mornings...and perhaps a count down for when we are coming home. Wondering if any of you have done this before...and even if you haven't, what would you put in your bedtime and morning videos to your kids? 

1 comment:

Norda said...

Hey Carina! So I am a secret reader of your blog...and I never get to comment as much as I'd like these days (with the newborn and all) but that is such a cute idea for your kids! Just some ideas that came to mind - you could sing some primary songs for bedtime, and maybe give them a "game" to do each day. Have them draw a picture of "blank", or help the babysitters do "blank", or I don't know. Something simple that they can do that day. That way when you get home, they can be excited to show you or tell you about what they did. Did that make sense?

Anyhow, on a side note, I wanted to get your mailing address to invite you to a party I am throwing at the end of the month, but I'm not sure if you'll be here. I know you have a million things to do, so if you don't have time to email me your info, don't sweat it. I would like your address even if you can't make it, just because I'm also updating my address book. On the family website it has your Minnesota address still...

Okay, good luck with your project! By the way, a friend has an apple, or mac or whatever and was showing me her imovie, and I am in love with it! I don't digital scrapbook yet, but I had some questions about which is better for that, if there is a better choice. Really I just want another excuse to get a Mac! :)

My email is nordabarrowes@gmail.com, and our blog is kendallandnorda.blogspot, but it's private, so I need your email to invite you...do you have facebook? Enough of my ramblings...Have a good day!