Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Weekend

Somehow it seems like Conference weekend. It's the signaling for the cold, fall days to hit. Saturday it started to rain and rain...and it hasn't let up since. Today we had to get out the warm pjammy's because Siri found me said she needed to get warm. So we are spending the day in jammy's (I love Conference weekend for that!) and listening to general conference. 




SuiKim and Steven also visited this weekend...they went to the conference center for the first session of conference.


I also have been trying to get the top of our piano under control. Flylady says that we all have our hotspots. We have many but the worse is the top of the piano. It's in the living room/entrance way into the house and we (Josh and I) dump everything (mail, keys, toys) on the top as we walk through the house. The hardest thing to keep under control for us is the paper "stuff." You know, the mail, bills, coupons...they all make their way to the top of the piano. So I bought this little filing system almost in desperation (I maybe should have taken a before photo). It was $25 from TGIMax. Totally worth it! It cleans everything up pretty fast. I'm realistic enough to know that the piano is still going to be a hot spot (Yes, I still leave my hard drive and laptop up there!), but It will hopefully will be easier to clean up from time to time.


3 comments:

SuiKim Friedmann said...

Carina - it was so wonderful to be able to visit you yesterday! Thanks for letting us steal your Saturday! :) I thought you knew how much all us girls (sisters) lOvE Pride and Prejudice - oh and I am also into Project Runway, but for some reason have only caught episodes here and there of this season. I love Gilmore Girls and started watching the seasons a while ago and didn't get very far, so I try and piece it all together with what's on TV...maybe we could have a season 7 Gilmore Girls weekend!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge on those complex programs - Illustrator especially for Steven!!! Poor kid doesn't have an artistic bone in his body! Ha! Well I hope we can come down in November! Love ya!

ebudd said...

Hah - that's great. I've been doing FlyLady for 4-5 years, off and on. I've had my shining moments, but the last 5-6 months have not been one of those. I do like a lot of her perspectives and putting together a routine for myself has been really helpful. Now if I can only get back to it . . . I think that's my problem lately.

Amy said...

I just sorted through one of my mail/paper hotpots this weekend. I wish I could say that I only had one hotspot. I've got to tackle the top of my bedroom dresser tomorrow. Oh, and thanks for posting a link to my new blog. I will be putting up some new things for November, soon.